Master Service Agreement for all clients
Version Date: 9/9/2019 Review Date: 9/1/2020
This is a Master Service Agreement (MSA) between clients of and TechieJon LLC to document:
- The technology services TechieJon LLC provides to the client.
- The general levels of response, availability, and maintenance associated with these services.
- The responsibilities of TechieJon LLC as a provider of services and the client receiving services.
- TechieJon LLC Arrangements for supplies and materials
- The TechieJon LLC Liabilities of providing services
- Billing arrangements between clients and TechieJon LLC
- Procedures for requesting services from TechieJon LLC
This Agreement is valid from 1/1/2019. Review is every year, or as otherwise needed or requested.
2.1 Service Scope
The TechieJon LLC and Client SLA:
- Defines a general level of predictability of communication and services.
- Reflects how TechieJon LLC does business today and the direction TechieJon LLC is heading.
- Describes how work will be prioritized and predicts response times including a single outage notification process.
- Services made available generally fall within one of these six categories:
|Consulting||Advising, planning, training, or oversight of Technology services or client staff. Can also include working with client vendors|
|Installation||Initial placement and setup, or location of, equipment or related materials|
|Maintenance||Routine (usually scheduled) preventative work, adjustment, or upgrade to equipment and or related materials.|
|Projects||Planning, design, preparation, implementation, and documentation of a change or addition to the clients systems. Usually requires consulting.|
|Repair||Making adjustments or replacement of a system or equipment that is not functioning correctly or|
|Emergency||Any service provided at less than 8 hours notice. This could be as a result of disaster, accident, or outside influence.|
Anything not defined in this SLA is currently undefined which means it may not be supported by TechieJon LLC..
The following basic assumptions are made regarding TechieJon LLC services:
- Services are billed in accordance to the schedule of rates and terms available at https://techiejon.com/index.php/rates provided by TechieJon LLC.
- Services outside the scope of regular maintenance and repair should be discussed in advance and scheduled.
- Planned outages to services are communicated via an email from TechieJon LLC to a designated single point of contact at the client. The client should work to ensure all impacted users are aware of the outage.
- Services are provided in adherence to any discussed policies, processes and procedures of the client.
3.1 TechieJon LLC Responsibilities
Responsibilities and/or requirements of TechieJon LLC in support of this agreement include:
- Meet service delivery commitments outlined in the statement of work.
- Implement defined processes to meet service levels.
- Communicate changes in standard hardware, software, and procedures to client.
- Use standard and secure methods to store or access client sensitive information such as passwords, industry data, or financial records.
3.2 Customer Responsibilities
Customer responsibilities and/or requirements in support of this Agreement include:
- Use the defined processes for requesting help and services.
- Monitor the TechieJon LLC email notices for outages and other notices.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries from TechieJon LLC staff who are resolving incidents and handling service requests.
- Discuss projects as far in advance as possible to ensure availability of resources and avoid conflicts.
A service request means a request is made by a client to TechieJon LLC for a service. There are several methods of contacting TechieJon LLC for all requests.
4.1 Online Request using link on TechieJon LLC Web Site (https:/itechiejon.com/contact-us/)
Requests made via the web interface will be processed Sunday through Saturday between 8:00am and 9:30pm. Emails received during off hours will be processed the next day.
4.2 Phone (920-385-9566)
Phone messages may be left at anytime. Messages will be responded to within 4 hours by email, or phone.
Email requests are processed Sunday through Saturday between 8:00am and 9:30pm. Emails received during off hours will be processed the next day.
4.5 Technology Project Requests
4.6 Business day Requests
Onsite work to be performed from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday requires advance planning, (minimum 48 hours) and is subject to availability.
4.6 Emergency Requests
Work performed as a result of unforeseen circumstance or occurrence that requires a response of less than 8 hours may be considered emergency service. This is performed based on availability. Some services may be performed without notice if an agreement is in place fo disaster services. TechieJon LLC cannot guarantee the availability of a onsite or remote worker, or notification from TechieJon LLC technician in the vent of disaster..
Response Times and Escalation
For all requests, the TechieJon LLC goal is to have a team assigned and acknowledge requests within 4 business hours of receipt. Acknowledgement may be as simple as a email notifying you when we are able to respond.
All issues will be resolved as expeditiously as possible. Variations in the complexity and range of issues prevent any reasonable blanket estimate of resolution time. Customer response in a timely manner is also essential to achieve the quickest resolution. Your assistance in this is greatly appreciated. If we do not receive a response from a customer within 3 business days, we will close the ticket.
A response is defined as communication to either resolve the issue or provide an estimate for when service can be provided. Response is not the same as resolution. Resolution times depend on the complexity of the issue.
5.1.1 Incident Response
Target response time for incidents, which are defined as an interruption of normal functioning of a service or system causing work to be stopped or impaired, is within 4 hours of receipt. Actual response times may vary due to multiple requests.
5.1.2 Request Response
Target response time for service requests, such as a request to install new equipment, may take up to 2 business days. Actual response times may vary.
Customers can request escalation of the priority and response time by contacting the Help Desk to further explain the urgency of their request. If further escalation is needed, the customer should contact Jon Smith at 920.385.9566
5.3 Service Feedback
To provide feedback regarding the level of service on a request or incident, contact Jon Smith at 920.385.9566
Maintenance and Service Changes
TechieJon LLC works to minimize unintended service disruptions or other impacts to the client as a result of changes in production services users depend on to complete business tasks and processes.
TechieJon LLC does this by monitoring, managing, and evaluating changes to maximize the service benefit to the customer, while minimizing the risks involved in making those changes.
There are two categories of service outages:
- Planned Outages: work that is planned and scheduled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled outage. TechieJon LLC will communicate as needed to the appropriate audience a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled outage.
- Unplanned Outages: work that is unplanned due to an unforeseen event or urgent repair to prevent failure. Unplanned service outages are given priority on a case-by-case basis depending on the type and urgency of the service failure.
6.1 Guidelines for TechieJon LLC Maintenance Windows
A maintenance window is a defined period of time during which planned outages and changes to production services and systems (see definition above) may occur. The purpose of defining standard maintenance windows is to allow clients of the service to prepare for possible disruption or changes.
Planned outages will be performed outside of regular business hours when possible. Outages will not be scheduled during defined blackout periods. It is the responsibility of customers to make TechieJon LLC aware of blackout periods. These are stored on the TechieJon LLC maintenance calendar and include common events in the academic calendar, such as:
- Client or vendor visits
- Month end processing.
- Fiscal year end close
Equipment purchase, materials, and subscription Costs
7.1 Equipment and third party purchases
TechieJon LLC generally does not purchase hardware or equipment for clients. The following are examples
- New computers or related equipment or hardware
- Physical media or digital software
- Premade cabling or physical support hardware
- Third party services such as email or web filtering
7.3 Subscriptions and annual services
TechieJon LLC does offer some services on a annually billed basis. That could include
- Domain names and website services
- TechieJon LLC provided email or web hosting
- Coconut brand environmental monitoring
- Surplus on hand materials
Exceptions to the cases listed above
- Projects that require estimated quantities of materials or sundry supplies. A deposit may be required.
- Emergency service may include costs for hardware, accessories, or replacement materials.
8.1 General work
TechieJon LLC provides services that involve sensitive equipment and data. TechieJon LLC accepts no liability for loss of revenue or work time in relation to work performed or failure to perform.
8.2 Disaster Response
TechieJon LLC is available for response to a disaster. This is done on a best effort basis and guarantee is expressed or implied that a response will occur in a specific time frame.
8.3 Monitoring Services
Monitoring devices and services, both 3rd party and owned or operated by TechieJon LLC, are offered on a best effort basis. These services are designed as a detection or advanced warning of a problem. Some problems cannot be prevented. TechieJon LLC cannot be held liable for loss of revenue, damages, or remediation of these problems. TechieJon LLC is not responsible for failure of a 3rd party service related to these monitoring systems
9.1 Billing terms
By requesting work performed by TechieJon LLC you agree to our standard billing terms.
- Services are billed on the 1st of each month for prior months work.
- Payment terms are Net 30 unless otherwise arranged.
- A 1.5% late fee may apply to overdue balances.
- Monthly or quarterly service contracts must be paid within 30 days for service to continue.
- Prepaid services require payment before work begins and will be prorated based on the start date of the service.
- TechieJon LLC reserves the right to retrieve rented or loaner equipment if past due balances remain unpaid for 121 days
10. Reviewing and Reporting
10.1 SLA Reviews
The Designated Review Owner (“Document Owner”) is responsible for facilitating annual reviews of this document. Contents of this document may be amended as required, provided mutual agreement is obtained from the primary stakeholders and communicated to all affected parties. The Document Owner will incorporate all subsequent revisions and obtain mutual agreements / approvals as required.
Designated Review Owners: Jon Smith
Previous Review Date: 9/12/2019
Next Review Date: 9/1/2020
This Agreement is posted to the following location and made accessible to all stakeholders: https://techiejon.com/index.php/terms-of-use